Friday, June 10, 2011

June 10, 2011 – Cowboy Junkies

I’m in a Cowboy Junkies state of mind.  The band… although I like the concept of cowboys I’ve never met one so my opinion on that topic is pretty basic.  I like the “idea” of cowboys.  Back to the Cowboy Junkies, I like their music, a lot.  I remember seeing them in concert in New Haven.  I was on a date with some guy.  I remember the concert, not the guy.  Which is not a huge revelation, my sister has pointed out that as a general rule of thumb I don’t remember any of the names of the guys I’ve dated. 


My favorite Cowboy Junkies albums (yes albums… those flat plastic things with grooves… I’m old):

The Caution Horses
Pale Sun Crescent Moon
Black Eyed Man


Favorite Songs:
Speaking Confidentially
‘cause Cheap Is How I feel
Rock and Bird
A Horse in The Country
This Street, That Man, This Life
Cold Tea Blues
Sweet Jane (this is a fantastic cover)


Weekend Plans
Speaking of Sun, the song that just came on is speaking of it but I’m taking that as a cue; The sun has finally peeked out and it’s looking like the afternoon will be nice.  Which I hope means that tomorrow will also be nice.  L’s secretary invited us to Winterthur tomorrow.  She’s going to show us around, take us to a museum and then we’re going to lunch.  This is extremely kind/generous of her so I am hoping the weather is nice and that we all enjoy the day.



© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

3 comments:

  1. I love their version of Sweet Jane! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only don't you remember their names - - but the names don't even ring a bell for you. LOL! Love Your Favorite Sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol @ your sister....

    I hope you have a blast! Sounds like L has a great secretary!

    I like cowboy junkies... Ok, I also like just regular cowboys too.

    ReplyDelete