Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 5, 2011 - Betty Crocker

I have no idea what has come over me, I don't like to bake.  It's right up there with one of my least favorite things to do.  Too much prep, flour goes everywhere, all the clean up, and then it just takes so darn long.  This is why I prefer to cook.  I am very happy to cook... anything that takes less than 20 - 30 mins from prep to plate.  That's ideal.  So what's happened?  Suddenly last weekend I was craving banana nut muffins, but I realize that (a) muffins are a pain in the neck to make, you have all those individial circle things in the muffin tin, each one has to be greased (I haven't found cupcake liners yet) (b) well there is no "b" "a" was enough of a deterant.  So I said hey wait a minute Banana Nut BREAD!  There's only one pan.  Muffin idea out the window, bread in.  So last Saturday I went to the store and bought the ingrediants that I needed... banana's... with the intention of making the bread on Sunday.

Well you can guess there was no bread made on Sunday, all I had the energy for was the peep s'more and since I've not been feeling 100% all week, still no bread.  That is until today.  This morning I got up and said "Damn it all, I'm making Banana Nut Bread."  Ok I didn't really say that; it was more along the lines of, "I really should just get off my butt and do this."  So I did.

Right now as I type (but possibly not as you read) there is a loaf of Banana Nut Bread in the oven baking.  It smells good so I am hoping that is a sign that it will taste good too.  I did remember to grease the pan, so I am also hoping that it slides out of said pan without difficulty, but frankly I don't have a problem with eating the bread with a spoon.

I'll report back later with a bread update.

*********** Update **************
I can officially declare my banana nut bread a resounding success.  I even mamaged to get it out of the pan w/o any trouble and it tastes good too.



© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Funny thing is I would much rather bake anything than cook. Love, Your Favorite Sister

    ReplyDelete