Wednesday, May 25, 2011

May 25, 2011 – Insektenspray!!!

I can not do justice to the level of excitement that I hit when I rounded the corner at the local COOP and there on the end of the aisle was an aerosol can of bug spray.  Yes, I realize that it’s odd to be excited about bug spray, but trust me when you have a spider phobia and some of the spiders that they grow here in Switzerland are HUGE a can of bug spray is a godsend.  My preferred method of killing spiders is to get someone else to do it.  I’ve gotten to the point where I can kill the small, pin head sized, ones; if they don’t move too fast, but even then I’m screeching and swearing.  God forbid they should make a leap towards safety.  Then both the dog and I are traumatized.  He really doesn’t enjoy when I channel Tourette’s Syndrome.  Now, at least I have the option of drowning them in poison instead of running downstairs and begging the neighbor to come kill another spider.  Yes, I did that.  No I am not embarrassed.  It was a ninja spider; fast moving, and highly skilled in the art of escape.

So at this very moment there is a can of “Finito Insektenspray” sitting on my desk.  My only dilemma now is wondering if I should have bought the hornet and wasp spray instead.  It shoots further and let’s me keep my distance should a spider go rogue.  In fact, it’s my experience that typically the hornet and wasp spray kills spiders faster than bug spray, but that could be because the spray hits them at a higher velocity and may be like hitting them with a hammer.  Hmmm, maybe I should go back and get a can just in case.  I also wonder, can I get a holster so the can is always within reach?  Maybe a tool belt, although I think it might detract from the whole tool belt coolness factor.




© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. You beat me to the punch(line) - As I was reading, I was going to suggest a holster! Always at the ready . . .

    ReplyDelete