Wednesday, April 27, 2011

April 27, 2011 Travel Update

Alrighty, what have I failed to tell you about?  I ran the 10K race this past Saturday, in CT, in the cold rain, with airplanes taking off and landing.  Did I mention the course was around the outside of Bradley International Airport?  It was, and it was kind of interesting running (outside the fence) at the edge of the landing strip.  From that perspective, planes land going much faster than I’ve previously felt while “on a plane”.  Of course it could just be that I run so much slower than a plane that it seems exaggerated.  Well back to the 10K, L and I went to the race and she ran the 5K.  They started both races at the same time and at the 5K turn around point I seriously contemplated turning there and heading back, but I stuck it out.  I ran 3 miles without stopping and then ran/walked the rest of the way.  Frankly I consider that a win in my book.

We flew back to Switzerland Monday evening, which means we arrived Tuesday morning.  Usually I manage to sleep a little while on this flight but that did not happen.  Needless to say I am still trying to catch up on some sleep.  I am way too old to go 24 hours without sleep.  The beastly boy was very happy to see us and even more pleased that I was too tired to give him a bath yesterday.  That just goes to prove how tired I was; hang out with a stinky dog an extra day or try for a quick nap before working.  Obviously the nap won out.  I did make up for it this morning by giving the boy a bath.  He smells much better, but I still need another nap.

I think that about covers it, nothing terribly exciting.



© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. What a hoot to be running with the planes! Congratulations to you for doing the 10K. Definitely think that counts as a win. Congrats to L, too! Welcome back. Glad the beastly boy is clean again. :)

    ReplyDelete