Thursday, April 14, 2011

April 14, 2011 - Estimated Taxes with a day to spare.

I can hear the little voice inside my head screaming…. It’s not that self-pitying wail that can occur I’m in a meeting and someone is droning on and on and I want to scream “shut up”.

It’s more that scream of relief and possibly a little fear.  I finished setting up my self-employment and estimated taxes for the state and federal governments to get paid electronicallu and more importantly automatically.  The cool thing is that at the very least my payments will all be on time and I’m fairly certain that I set the Feds up correctly.  The State of Connecticut… um, who knows?  I got lost right in the calculation worksheet right after I read the instruction:

“If the amount on Line 3 of the Tax Calculation Schedule is:  More than $20,000, but less than or equal than $1,00,0000, multiply the excess over $20,000 by .05 and add $600”

My initial reaction was, “Wow, I’d like to have the million dollar problem.”  My second reaction was “who writes these things?”  Actually I don’t really want to know.  I’m going with the flow, I have no idea what my tax implication is for 2011 because I have no idea what my taxes will actually be in 2010.  I’m sure I will know soon enough but at least everyone is getting some money and no one can complain that I didn’t give it my best shot.  I know, even I realize the ridiculousness of that statement.  It’s the IRS and The State of Connecticut saying give me your money and neither are above ridiculousness. 

Ok so, enough of that, for the moment taxes are complete.  Now I am focused on prepping for the trip to the US.  We leave Saturday and I am VERY excited.  The beastly boy, well, he’s going to camp.



© C.A. Bailey 2010 - 2011, All Rights Reserved.

1 comment: